Saturday, 9 October 2010

E-Books

Apparently most of us have yet to embrace e-books. Certainly I can't yet find it in my heart to love them, and the thought of an e-book reader is less than appealing. I was slow to embrace CDs, too: although I came to accept them and appreciate the convenience, I have a fondness for vinyl that persists. I wonder if books will go the same way? And where will it all end? There are 'digital vagabonds' who have managed to give up almost all physical possessions, including, in some cases, their homes. Personally, I cannot even imagine taking such a step. I find it difficult enough to part with the odd book or two: the thought of having only a hard drive to call my own chills me. It'll be interesting to see how things develop over the next decade or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment